Saturday, November 24, 2007

Weekend Assignment

Weekend Assignment over at By the Way = When does Christmas start for you? Are you dreaming of a white Christmas just like the ones you used to know?

We start Christmas the first weekend in December, so we will be putting our tree up next weekend and decorating the house and patio. I'm ready for it all to come down the day after Christmas, but I still hear my grandma's voice saying it is bad luck if you take the tree down til after New Years's Day. Of course this is the same woman who said it was bad luck to do laundry the Friday before or after New Years, probably made up by a person who just wanted to get out of doing her laundry. Anyway I keep up all the trimmings til Jan.2 and then it comes down.

As for the white Christmas, having lived the past 10 years in the desert and now being back in the south, YES, I would love it. I want to see snow!!!!!!
So when does your Christmas start?

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Our Christmas starts today. The tree and outside lights go up this weekend. We always rest on Friday then Saturday it's decorations day. I usually takes me about 3-4 days to get everything done. I'll take a picture when I'm done and post it on my site. Okay, I'll try to do that. Have a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

It depends on if you have family over. If grandma is in or something, you may as well devote one day to lunch/buying a tree/decorating a tree.

Otherwise, put if off for a week after Thanksgiving... you get more overall holiday fun if you space out the holidays. Starting the day after Thanksgiving is like having Irish Twins, as we say up here in Massachusetts.