Saturday, December 22, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
1.If money were no concern and LOOKS the only consideration, what car would get yourself?
2008 BMW M6 convertible
2. If money were no concern and YOUR LIFESTYLE the only consideration, what car would you get yourself? SAME BMW
3. What is the best thing about your current car? If you do not own a car, what is the best thing about the car you most often ride in?
The best thing about my current car is it runs!
4. If cars could be skinned the way cell phones, laptop computers, and iPods can, what would be a really cool skin for your car? As long as it runs, I'm ok with it.
5. If you were going to decorate a friend’s car with a custom-made skin as a practical joke, whose car would you skin and what would it be? It would be my friends Kim and it would be bright puke green with frogs, bugs, and lily pads all over it.
1. If you could change your name, what would it be? Mary Elizabeth and would be called MaryBeth
2. What is the worst name someone has called you? the C word... I just hate the C word
3. If you could meet someone famous, who would it be? Johnny Depp
4. How do you like to travel home? Fly
5. What kind of phone to you have? landline and Kyocera cell phone (both cheapies)
Four for Friday
1.- Notification: Rose Tani, the 90-year-old mother of astronaut Daniel Tani, died this Wednesday in the Chicago suburb of Lombard. Police said Rose Tani stopped behind a school bus at a railroad crossing and then drove around the vehicle, bypassing the lowered crossing gate. A train struck the elder Tani's vehicle on the passenger side and pushed it down the tracks before stopping. Daniel Tani is believed to be the first American astronaut to lose a close family member while in space. If you were on a space mission, would you want to be notified of a death in your family, or would you prefer that you be notified once you returned to Earth?
I think I would want to be told. Even though I could do nothing from there, I could still start the grieving process.
2.- Memory: Can you remember what got for Christmas last year? Well, according to a new survey, half of British men cannot remember what was under their Christmas tree. A 2005 Canadian study was the first to systematically mark the onset of "childhood amnesia" in children rather than adults. The research shows that by our tenth birthday our early pre-school memories have receded into an inaccessible past. What is the earliest verifiable autobiographical memory you can commit to?
I know exactly what I got, because I got NOTHING, NADA!
3.- Strip Clubs: Do you think strip clubs (the ones where the ladies dance for the men) debase women, men, or both?
OK, some people will not like my answer. I think to each his own. If you do not want to go to these places, then stay home. If you want to go, then go. If you are just pissed because your hubby went, next time go with him. I have been to strip bars and wound up having a great time. I'm not a prude, and I don't judge people. I think most women who are against strip clubs are either very religious or very insecure about themselves. Strictly my own opinion. But like I said, I've been, and even been neighbors with some of the girls, and they are just women just like the rest of us. I could go on about this one forever, but I think that's not wise so I'll shut up now.
4.- Hold It: This one's an oldie but goodie here on the For For Friday. Right now, from where you're sitting, locate a clock or watch and hold your breath for as long as possible. Okay, now tell the rest of us for how long you were able to hold your breath? (FYI: The last time I asked this question--on May 20, 2004--Kim and Sya held theirs for one (1) minute, Dave and AC went for 45 seconds, I lasted 28, and seven people chose not to even try.)
27 seconds (gasping now for air)
Five on Friday Season's Eatings
1. What foods do you associate with this time of year?
soups, chili, homemade cookies, pies, cakes
2. Which of them are your favorites? Your least favorites?
Fave is Homemade Vegetable Soup , Least Fave is probably cake (I'm a pie girl)
3. What traditional (or nontraditional) holiday foods do you make or buy every year?
I have Turkey on Thanksgiving and Ham on Christmas, must fix Sweet Potato Casserole and Pumpkin Pies for both holidays.
4. Are you more likely to overindulge or abstain from seasonal treats? OVERindulge
5. With all of the high-calorie temptations at this time of year, how do you manage your diet?
That's the problem, I don't manage it at all!
4 Foods on Friday
1. Hot chocolate. With marshmallows or without? WITH
2. What is your favorite ice cream? NUTTY COCONUT (Baskin Robbins)
3. What is your favorite candy bar? HEATH BAR
4. Name something you make with creamed corn in it, and how you make it.
JIFFY CORN CASSROLE
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Shredded cheese (opt.)
Mix all ingredients except cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, if desired. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked in center.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Lose weight.... I promice myself this every year.
2. Have several E-businesses started up and running.
3. Save money...... just not sure where I was supposed to get the money to save.
4. Take a cruise.
5. Move back to California..... instead I find myself in Georgia. What's up with that?
6. Blog daily. I hate my blog. It is not at all what I wanted it to be.
7. Get healthy..... instead I just got worse.
8. Become a better me..... inside and out. Not liking myself very much lately and I don't like that feeling.
9. Have a better marriage... not that it's bad, but I don't want to lose this man and I find myself too many times not putting him first.
10. Get organized. I've alwas been a neat freak til this year. Now I can never find anything.
11. Decorate my home the way I want it..... haven't done anything differently at all.
12. Have a great Christmas... well let's see... I have no tree (for the 1st time in my life), no presents, and will just be glad when it's over with this year.
13. Last but not least... I promiced myself I would sit back this Christmas and look back at what a great year it has been........ NOT going to happen.
but....... I have a new motto- "I will be great in 2008".
The Thursday Threesome ::Angels we have heard...::
Onesome: Angels-- as tree topppers? ...or spires? Stars? Bears? What do you like to use to set off that tree?
Although I did not put up a tree this year, I have a huge angel tree topper with lights in her skirt. Very pretty!
Twosome: we have-- heard you're getting something special this year! Do you have any idea what any of your Christmas presents are going to me?
Haha! I don't know who lied to you, but I'm not getting anything this year at all.
Threesome: ...heard-- the worst Christmas song ever this year? Which one is it for you? I mean that one that even if Aunt Martha is playing it on Christmas Eve puts you out on the porch!
If I hear "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" one more time, you will be able to hear me scream.
1. Have you gotten any new toys/gadgets lately? If so, what are they? If not, is there anything that you want?
I haven't had the money for any new toys in a long time. I want one of those Ipod Nanos and a portable DVD player.
2. Do you like learning how to use new toys/gadgets? Why/why not?
I love new toys. I must be a Geek at heart. I also love new girlie toys, like a Mercedes, and diamonds, and other things I can play dress up in or drive.
3. Pick an outrageous toy/gadget that you want (price is no issue!). What is it? Why do you want it?
Well the new BMW 650i Convertible would be a nice toy.
Theme = COMMUNICATION (Talking, Hugging, Gestures, Telephone, Television, Computers, Cell Phones, Books,...)
This is my little brother Chuck. This was taken last year (in Phoenix) on the day he drove from CA to tell me the doctors had found out he will not live to see his daughters graduate. They are 3 and 8. He is only 35. He has a liver/immune disease that is fatal. He will never know how much I love him because there aren't enough words to tell him that. Now that I've moved 3000 miles away from him instead of one state over, I'm scared of not being there when he needs me. Anyway... this photo represents the communication we had before he told me... before I fell apart.... before I knew my life would never be the same again. Isn't it funny how one sentence can change your whole world?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
2. Spend more time with my granddaughters.
3. Start scrapbooking again.
4. Blog and contest Daily.
5. Figure out ways to make more money at home.
6. Buy our own place.
7. Get back in church.
8. Work on being a better 'me'.
9. Take at least 2 vacations.
10. Last but most important- Work daily on marriage and keep it strong.
10 on Tuesday
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Ever want to see Egypt? It's on my list of place to go before I die. Here is a site that offers a new picture every day. Egypt PicoftheDay
The Dollar Stretcher has given me so many different ways to be frugal and save money. It is one of the only sites of its kind that I actually like.
The country of Dubai has something amazing... an indoor ski resort. Check out the photos!
Stories about millionaires and how they became one... really cool.
Do you send a lot of text messages? Here is a huge list of abbreviations for you.
Store of the week = Delight.com
A FREE recipe book for you (PDF format) - Recipes from Top Restaurants
Celebrities real names - Some of these will astonish you!
Craftster - There is some really cool and really crazy, out there stuff on this site. I love to see how people take an old shirt and turn it into a dress for their toddler.
Making and Living by a Home Binder , on left sidebar - I need to do this!
Friday, December 14, 2007
1. Appetizer-Make up a word and give us its definition.
sandytude- DH says I have sandytude, not attitude.
2. Soup - What is currently your favorite song?
Who Knew - Pink
3. Salad - What’s at the top of your Christmas wish list this year?
good health and a lot of weight loss for 2008.
4. Main Course - Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
my Mom wore Shalimar when I was a little girl... I can still smell that fragrance.
5. Dessert- Who is someone on television that you feel probably shouldn’t be, and why?
Brittney Spears,, because that is all you hear about, and she is just sad now. Why does no one help her? Where is her family? She needs a strong intervention of some kind.
The Friday Five
Many people make a big deal about not being "labeled." And yet, we all are, constantly.
1. Pick one label that you think does describe you (race, religion, hobby, etc.). Fat
2. Pick one label that is often put on you, that you really think is inaccurate. Stupid
3. Pick one label you wish could be put on you. Sexy
4. What is one kind of label that you think is universally wrong to use (race, gender, height)? race
5. Labels, used intelligently, can be a convenient rhetorical shorthand for identifying how a given person will fit into (or react to) a given situation. Labels, used incorrectly, can be an excuse for dismissing the differences still inherent in the people to whom the label is applied. Discuss.-
I for one hate labels. I grew up in the south when racism was really bad, and finally moved away from it. Now I'm back, and things have not changed that much. Also, since I gained weight, people are cruel about it. I'm labeled fat. SO WHAT! Fat does not make me stupid, or ugly, or shorter, or whatever... it just means I like to eat. Labels are not good- Period.
What’s your favorite song about growing up? Green Day - Time of Your Life
What’s your favorite song about cars or driving? Good Vibrations- Beach Boys
What’s your favorite song whose title is a person’s name? Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
What’s your favorite get-up-and-dance song? WOW! All songs are get up and dance songs.
What’s your favorite novelty song? anything by Weird Al Yankovich
1. What were the big names in bands when you were in high school?
Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Herman's Hermits, and the Monkees
2. Do you still like them, or have your tastes changed as you have gotten older?
still love them, still know all the words
3. Do you listen to the same music that high schoolers listen to?
Some of it.. I like Daughtry
4. What is your favorite genre of music?
5. Do you play/have you played an instument? If so, what? If not, if you did, what would it be?
I play piano.
Four Foods on Friday
1. Tuna fish. Water or oil? What do you add when making yours?
Water, I use tuna, boiled chopped eggs, chopped pickles or relish, a tad of chopped onion, and mayo
2. Stuffing. What else have you done with a box of stuffing besides stuff meat (turkey, pork, chicken, etc)?
We only like the chicken and I serve it with baked chicken and cranberry sauce
3. Orange juice. Pulp, some pulp, no pulp, fresh squeezed. How do you like yours?
I love it with pulp, but hubby doesn't, and since we are always low on cash, I usually just buy Sunny D
4. Fast food restaurants. Do you have a favorite one and why?
I like Burger King, hubby loves McDonalds
Thursday, December 13, 2007
1. If a doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say?
I would be laughing too hard to speak, and would change doctors immediately, because this one obviously never finished med school.
2. Do you trust all of your friends?
No way, no how. Deep down, I trust no one, not even myself.
3. Would you move to another state or country to be with the one you love?
Is this a trick question?
4. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
Yes, I am a firm believer in fate, although I do think we have some say in the outcome.
5. Can you make a dollar in change right now?
Can I borrow a dollar?
6. Which one of your friends do you think would make the best doctor?
First I have no friends, and if I did, they would be doctors already!
7. Are you afraid of falling in love?
Nope. I'm 53, been there done that...3 times, but only two I talk about.
9. Is there someone who pops into your mind at random times?
My sister that I never ever hear from. Are you reading this Tracy?
10. What's your most favorite scar?
I wish I had scars from a boob job and a face lift, but since I don't, oh well.
11. When was the last time you flew in a plane?
12. What did the last text message you sent say?
I don't text.
14. Fill in the blank. I love it when ________ pops over.
the money fairy. Get real here ok!
17. How many kids do you want to have?
Had two, ages 31 and 32... that was enough.
18. Would you make a good parent?
I think I did ok.
19. On your My space, where was your default picture taken?
I joined MySpace to talk to my DIL when I lived in AZ, I'm too old for MySpace.
20. What's your middle name?
21. Honestly, what's on your mind right now?
Dinner. I'm hungry!
22. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
23. Who was or will be the maid of honor/ best man in your wedding?
Are you kidding me?
24. What are you wearing right now?
a nightshirt and my drawers, are you happy? Or should I have said a black sexy lacy thong and a bow? HAHAHAHAHA
25. Righty or Lefty?
26. Best place to eat?
Anywhere I don't have to cook.
27. Favorite jeans?
All jeans are great jeans.
28. Favorite animal?
My dog Buck.
29. Favorite juice?
Sunny Delite. Hey, It's cheap juice, but it's still juicy.
30. Have you had the chicken pox?
Yes. When I was a kid about 45 years ago. Idiot!
31. Have you had a sore throat?
Never and I'm 53. I also have swamp land for sale in Alaska.
32. Ever had a bar fight?
Now that's funny! Why, was that you?
33. Who knows you the best?
34. Shoe size?
9, but if you want to buy me something... I need a new purse!
35. Do you wear contact lenses or glasses?
glasses to read because I'm OLD now.
36. Ever been in a fight with your pet?
Sure, a knock down dragout? He won!
37. Been to Mexico?
Nope, lived in Los Angeles. Mexico visited me.
38. Did you buy something today?
39. Did you get sick today?
Not yet, but I feel a barf coming on.
40. Do you miss someone today?
Yes. Enough said.
41. Did you get in a fight with someone today?
Beat the crap outta the person who wrote this stuff. 1st timer, huh?
42. When is the last time you had a massage?
On my daily visit to the local massage parlor... RubsRUs.
43. Last person to lay in your bed?
my dog. Yes, he thinks he is a person.
44. Last person to see you cry?
45. Who made you cry?
Not your business.
46. What was the last TV show you watched?
Some stupid Lifetime Christmas movie.
47. What are your plans for the weekend?
Start my new regime.
48. Who do you think will play along?
Nobody. I'm the only one with IDIOT tattooed on my forehead.
49. Who was the last person you hung out with?
my DIL... do you see a pattern here?.
50. If your "significant other" asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say?
Do I have to?
I apologize Sandee... you should have just killed it!
13 Things I love to do, but Can't do anymore because I'm too dang Fat.
1. Take a long bath...... I love to take a bath, not a shower, but it's too hard to get out of the tub.
2. Go to amusement parks...... I love to ride the rides, especially the roller coasters, but I don't fit and the parks are so big, I can't walk them without getting too tired.
3. Wear Jeans..... I LOVE bluejeans. To me they are a staple in a wardrobe. I cannot wear jeans that fit my waist that don't have legs big enough for small animal families to live in. Haven't worn jeans in 6 years. I miss them.
4. The same goes for bikini underwear... love them, but would like to be able to find them without digging them out of fat spots.... I know...TMI!
5. Go places. I have basically become a recluse in my home so I have few friends now. I go to the doctor, the grocery store and an occasional trip to WalMart. My whole life I have been a goer and a people person... now I'm not. People stare and make comments... I used to be those people. I guess that is a classic example of what goes around comes around. It sucks!
6. A good sex life... no details, just know that everything is more difficult and if you hate the way you look, you KNOW your guy must hate it too. So it becomes almost an unspoken thing. I would love to feel sexy again.
7. Dining out... What a paradox..... I love to go out to eat... but same as #5...everyone stares. So I don't go.
8. Traveling.... LOVE, love to travel. No longer fit even in the seatbelt extensions of the plane. So I don't travel/ but that will change.
9. Boating... We love to camp, go boating, fish, all that outdoorsy stuff I shouldn't admit I love, always portraying myself as a girlie girl..... Camping is a chore.... the boat might sink... and the fish would swim away, hehe...
10. SHOPPING.... God in heaven knows how much I love to shop. It is like a stress reliever... but looking like crap in fat women stores was never something I thought I would do, so my wardrobe is virtually nil.
11. Being healthy... I have always been very healthy... until now. I truly believe about 80% of my health problems will disappear when I lose weight.
12. Play with my granddaughters. I have three , ages 20 months, 7 and 11 and another coming in July. I don't want to just be remembered as the fat grandma who never did anything with them.
13. Most of all.... I miss being ME! I know I'm still here under all this fat and skin, I just have to find a way out!
'Tis the season? ::'Tis the Season!::
Onesome: 'Tis-- Hmmm... More or less an older contraction? Do you have any semi-archaic words you use regularly?
Twosome: the-- heck you say? Okay, how about a 'regional' saying you're known to be fond of? You know, the one the relatives just don't get when you say it on the phone... Sure, slang will work !
Being from the south, I speak this language very well. 'gonna' is one I use a lot.
Threesome: Season--ings for the season? Mulled cider? Peppermint bark? Apple pie? What do you look forward to in the Winter months?
the coming of Spring!
You have been granted 3 wishes! However, you have to use your wishes on 3 separate people. Who would you choose, what would you wish for them, and why?
1. My son David..... I would wish for him a woman who he can spend his life with who really loves him and will always be by his side.
2. My friend Jerry..... I would wish he could break his pattern of self destruction and love himself the way others do.
3. My last wish I would use on myself... for good health and a very long life.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
2. If a person owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way down to the center of the earth?
3. Why can't women put their mascara on with their mouth closed?
4. Why is it called alcoholics anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say "hi, my names Bob. I'm an alcoholic"?
5. If you mated a Bulldog with a Shiatsu, would you get a Bullshit?
6. Why are they called stairs inside...but steps outside?
7. Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?
8. Why does mineral water that has trickled through mountains for centuries have a use by date?
9. Why do toasters have a setting on them which burns your toast to a horrible crisp no one would eat?
10. Who was the first person to look at a cow and say "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?
11. What do people in China call their good plates?
12. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why cant he fix a hole in a boat?
13. Why does Goofy stand on two legs when Pluto remains on four? They're both dogs.
14. What do you call male ballerinas?
15. Can blind people see their dreams and do they dream?
16. If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesn't he buy his dinner?
17. Why is a person who handles money called a broker?
18. If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
19. If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables. What is baby oil made from?
20. If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?
21. Why is it that when someone tells you that there is billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you there is wet paint somewhere you have to touch it?
22. Why do you call it an asteroid when its outside the hemisphere, yet call it hemorrhoid when its in your ass?
23. Did you ever notice that if you blow in a dogs face it goes mad, yet when you take him on a car ride he sticks his head straight out the window?
OK, as those of you that know me well are already aware of.. I am a purse fanatic. Some girls love shoes... give me a pair of flip flops and a great purse, and I'm a happy woman.
Found this awesome contest this morning over at Melinda Zook's blog. She is giving away a COACH purse. So go ahead and enter and check out her blog while you are there!
Monday, December 10, 2007
1. For the holidays, are you a last-minute shopper or do you shop well ahead of time?
I shop all year long. Otherwise, I could never afford it!
2. If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what name would you choose? I have no idea why, but I always wanted to be MaryBeth (short for Mary Elizabeth).
3.What's worse,having expectations that are too high, or having no expectations at all?
Having none at all... If we have none, what do we strive for or hope for.... Expect the best of everything, and it will eventually come.
Monday's A Bitch
1. If you had to add a thirteenth month to the year what would you name it?
2. In your opinion, what should the Eighth Deadly Sin be?
3. If you were magically transformed into Snow White's Eighth Dwarf, what would your name be?
Silly, because I am
4. If you could add an Eleventh Commandment to the Christian bible, what would it be?
Thou shall not be stupid enough to get caught!
5. If you were to become the sixth Spice Girl, you would call yourself _______ Spice.
I would be Sexy Spice!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
So things are looking up... so WHY am I so dang grouchy? I think my hormone levels are going crazy or something... I'm so moody, it's scary.
Anyway, have a great weekend!!!!!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
13 Things I Wish I could get for Christmas (ok Robert, now you have a list to pick from)
1. CASH BAby CASH!!! Show me the Money!
2. some new cookbooks
3. Alien or Tresor Perfume
4. camping supplies- 2 room tent, blowup mattress, fishing supplies
5. books, cds, and movies
6. more Phaltzgraf (Evening Sun) to add to my collection
7. new curtains for the den and living room
8. King size sheets and mattress pad
9. new towels, lots of new towels
10. concert tickets
11. a vacation to Hawaii
12. that $1650 Fendi purse I told you about... yeah I know I could buy a used car for that, but a woman can dream, right?
13. Mainly I want to be healthy and need your support while I'm going this crap... and that you give me for free.
1. Do you think as humans, we'd be better off *without* feelings? Why/why not?
I really don't think we would be better off without feelings, because then we couldn't feel the good things like love, joy, happiness. But there are times (and I've had way too many of those) when I wish I didn't feel anything, like when I lost my baby and when my Mom died, and when I got divorced. The bad feelings are the ones we could live without.
2. So, you have a bad day at work. You put up with the day and then you go home. What do you do to relax and prepare for another work day?
I no longer work, but did for many many years. I came home, started dinner, immediately took a long soak in the tub, got all my stuff laid out for the next day, finished dinner, and then it was like a relief. I could rest.
3. Do you worry about the big things (work, finances, tests) or the little things (broken cars, the house not being clean, a tear in your shirt)? Why?
I used to worry about the everything, but now I only worry about the big things like having money for bills. Little things are nothing in the grand scheme of things.
The Thursday Threesome
::Chocolate Pop Tarts::
Onesome: Chocolate-- The joy of the Christmas season? Boxes of See's and Godiva and other "Food Pron" showing up at the office? How do you feel about chocolate at the holidays? Yeah, really!
Silly Question! Chocolate is for every day, not just the holidays.
Twosome: Pop--ping into your mind as the next thing that you only find this time of year? What are you looking forward to/forgot to go by to check on/oh, heck, it's time for? Pick one and go for it!
Looking forward to getting my tree tomorrow.
Threesome: Tarts-- ...and is it also "candle time" around the place (work or home)? ...and do you use those 'tarts' to make the place smell nice?
I burn candles a lot... but I really don't like the little tarts. I only buy them to try a new fragrance.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
but....... nope not the flu.......
I'M GONNA BE A GRANDMA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
sometime in late July or early August... What a great Christmas present... Have a great day.... Laters... S
Three things we bought recently:
A Dora table and chairs for Lily
a new collar for Buck
groceries - yuck, my least favorite place to go.
Three more gift ideas:
LoveSpell perfume for Kelsi (at Victoria's Secret)
new cell phone for Robert
Gift Certificates to Amazon for MEMEMEMEME.
Three things we're having for dinner tonight:
Three reasons I don't like winter:
Cold, cold and did I mention Cold...
Three things that scare me:
not having enough money to live on
my health not getting any better
Tina's Tuesdays Winter Wonderland
1. When was the last time you built a snowman? about 20 years ago or maybe even longer.
2. When was the last time you threw a snowball at someone/something? About the same time I built the snowman.
3. Seeing that it is now December, is it snowing in your area? If not, what's the weather like? It doesn't snow very often here in north Georgia from what I'm told, but at least I have a chance of seeing some now. There was no chance in Phoenix. It is 41 degrees right now and a gorgeous sunny day.
10 ON TUESDAY
10 Favorite Things to Complain About
1. waiting in line at a store
2. heavy slow traffic
3. the price of gas
4. Never having enough money
5. lack of health care in my state
6. always being tired
7. not seeing the kids and grandkids often enough, and i's usually my own fault
8. Not enough time in the day to do things I need to do
9. forgetting to record my fave shows so I won't miss anything
10. never enough romance at my house
1. If your partner buys you a sexy little "something" is it a present for you or for your partner?
It would be for both of us to share unless I get the little surprise I've been asking for in my stocking. Then it will be all mine!
2. What are 3 characteristics of "your type"? good butt, gorgeous eyes, great personality
3. On a scale of 1-10, how good a cook are you? I'm about an 8.
4. Tattoos: Love them or hate them. On you? On a partner? On me, Love them. I only have 2 but would like about three more. On a partner, it's sexy.
5. Stubble: Good or bad? How often do you shave? Depends on what I'm shaving, but stubble is never a good thing.
Bonus ? : What are a few of your favorite things (both sexual non-sexual)? sexual.... foreplay and striving to make things last longer. non sexual.... photography, and traveling.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
My comfort food is my Mom's homemade soup recipe. She basically added whatever she had leftover from the week, and on Friday always made a huge pot of vegetable soup and a pan of cornbread. I cook it occasionally but it never quite tastes like hers did.
Friday, November 30, 2007
1. Jello. What’s your favorite flavor or recipe? My favorite cake is Mandarin Orange cake. I won $25 from Feedback magazine and got my recipe published last year.
MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE
1 box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
11 oz. can mandarin oranges and juice
1/2 c. oil
3 oz. pkg. Jello instant vanilla pudding
20 oz. can crushed pineapple and juice
8 oz. pkg. Cool Whip
CAKE: Beat all ingredients together including the juice from the canned mandarin oranges. Pour into three 8 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
FILLING/ICING: Beat together all ingredients and frost. Keep in refrigerator. This is an excellent "lite" dessert if you use fat free jello and cool whip.
2. Red liquid covering for pasta. Do you call it sauce or gravy and why? sauce, because isn't that what it is?
3. Cereal. What’s your favorite kind of cereal (can be hot or cold)? Honey Bunches of Oats - almond
4. What is the worst food smell you know of? I can't stand to smell chicken boil. I grew up in a town with a chicken factory that cooked chickens for Sweet Sue products. OMG! Makes me ill to think of it.
Photo Friday theme- Dead of Night
night in Atlanta
Thursday, November 29, 2007
The very best toys were the surprises you got in Cracker Jacks.
My favorite game was Candyland.
One of my all time favorite toys was jacks. I was very good at it, especially the twosies and threesie. But back then they were metal, and the the balls had a little bounce to them. I'm sure all the young mothers of today think metal jacks are an awful thing, but I never swallowed not one, and I loved playing this.
Ahhh, pickup sticks. I went through many sets of these, but mine were in a can.
I also loved reading from a very early age, and still do today.
As a child, my favorites were the Bobbsey Twins.
But then I discovered Nancy Drew and I was hooked.
My oldest granddaughter also loves these.
Yes girls, This is an original Barbie. 1959- price was $3.00, high for a doll back then.
Now I had Barbie, Ken, Midge, Allen, Skipper, Scooter, and the original black case FULL of clothes and accesories. I continued to play with these til I was about 10. My Mom sold all of it, are you ready for this... to a lady she knew for $5.00. OMG! If we only knew now what we could get for that today, I'd have a great CHristmas this year.
But I loved Barbie.
For those of you that don't know, this is an original "kissy" doll, 1961.
I got her for my birthday. You pushed her arms togther in the front
and her lips puckered and made a kissy sound.
Had an Original EtchaSketch... was awful at it then, am still
awful at it today.
Who didn't love Lincoln Logs? These were not just for boys,
oh no. Lincoln logs and tinkertoys together could build awesome things.
Tinkertoys... I spent many hours playing with these.
Slinky, slinky, I loved my slinky!
Chatty Cathy...1960.... I was 6, and Santa brought her.
I was thrilled. You pulled a string in her back, and she
talked to you. I thought she was beautiful, freckles and all.
Next Week: RED (Flowers, Fruit, Vegetables, Wine, Cars, Signs, Clothing,... )
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
1. Which personality trait has gotten you into the most trouble? Sometimes my mouth speaks before my brain thinks about it... no good, not good at all.
2.If you had to gain 10 pounds what would you eat to gain the weight? HAHAHAHA, I need to lose 100 pounds, I have the gaining part down really well now.
3.How is your private self different from your public self? My public self is happy, go lucky, and a little mischievous. My private self is a shell I don't like on the outside with lots of turmoil and conflict inside.
Moody Monday theme - Unnatural
Sunday, November 25, 2007
The Saddest Things I Own - A collection of life's saddest objects, their sad stories, and our reasons for holding onto these sad things.
How Many of Me? - How many people in the US have your name. Only 5 other people have my first and last name. How about you?
WeeklyShot - I thought I had seen every photo meme out there, but here is one I just found and the photos are amazing. Click on the current theme to see all the pics.
USNPL - This site gives you links for newpapers in every state, large cities and small towns included. I found my hometown, did you?
A fun thing- go to Wikipedia , type in your birthday, month and day only. It shows everything important thant happened on that day, people who were born and died on that die, very interesting stuff. I discovered Cleopatra died on my bd and that my bd is Mother's Day in Thailand.
Jan Brett - For those of you with children, this is a great site with games and lots of printables.
Track your Goals - Whether it be losing weight, organizing your life, daily living, whatever your goal is large or small, this is the place to keep track of them.
How to grow square watermelons - enough said!
Every Life has a Story - Are you a writer? Keep a journal? Scrapbooker? This site is pure inspiration!
randomness...feed your mind and your blog
week of November 25: Giving & Getting Gifts
With the holidays upon us again, lots of us are doing gift shopping.
Now lets blog about it.
1. Do you prefer to shop in stores or on the internet? I prefer to shop in stores, but find myself constantly looking for bargains on the internet.
2. Who on your gift list is the hardest to shop for? My husband, definitely!
3. About how much do you end up spending during holiday gift shopping? depends on how much money we have, this year we are close to broke after just moving across country, so as long as we can get the girls something, we are happy.
4. What is the best holiday gift you have ever received? The worst? Best would be a letter I received from my oldest son a few years ago. It is priceless. The worst is getting nothing at all.
5. What gift do you want this year? To have enough to pay our bills and be in our own home by next Christmas.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
We start Christmas the first weekend in December, so we will be putting our tree up next weekend and decorating the house and patio. I'm ready for it all to come down the day after Christmas, but I still hear my grandma's voice saying it is bad luck if you take the tree down til after New Years's Day. Of course this is the same woman who said it was bad luck to do laundry the Friday before or after New Years, probably made up by a person who just wanted to get out of doing her laundry. Anyway I keep up all the trimmings til Jan.2 and then it comes down.
As for the white Christmas, having lived the past 10 years in the desert and now being back in the south, YES, I would love it. I want to see snow!!!!!!
So when does your Christmas start?