Saturday, February 16, 2008
I found this great resale shop called Honey Bear's Closet .
Children's gently worn name brand clothing at great prices.
Children grow overnight and keeping them in nice clothes can cost a small fortune.
Honey Bear's Closet is here to help.
They carry name brand children's clothing at garage sale prices. We have names like Gymboree, Baby Gap, Old Navy, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and more.
All clothes are in great condition so you can buy with confidence. If the item has a small flaw like a missing button it is clearly noted.
What you won't find is old, torn, stained, or out of style clothes. Ifthey won't let my children wear it--they won't sell it.
They carry sizes from NB to 16 in both boys and girls clothing. We also have maternity clothes as well as Junior Girls 0-18.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Fill in the blank: My favorite ___hobby______ is ___scrapbooking_______ but I like __photography_______ too.
What type of wood do you have for your home’s furnishings?
Who do you talk to most often on the phone?
What level of responsibility do you have in your job?
#1. What’s your favorite potato chip?
#2. Do you use butter, margarine, both or neither?
margarine I guess, it's Country Crock
#3. What’s your favorite mixed alcoholic (or virgin) drink?
#4. What’s your favorite vegetable and how do you prepare it?
Corn - fried, on the cob, corn casserole, just about any way you can cook it
1. What was your favorite outside childhood game?
Hopscotch, jumprope, and hide and seek
2. How about board games? Do you have a favorite?
We like Boggle, Dirty Board, and Monopoly
3. Do you play any PC games? Online or offline? If so, what is your favorite? If not, is there one out there you want to try?
Yes, I have been a paying member of Pogo for several years, and love their games. I also play at freeslots.com (yes, it's free). I would love to get into the Sims.
4. Gaming stations,… there are so many out there and I know jack about them! Do you have one or more and which ones? XBox, XBox 360, Playstation, etc.?
No, we don't have one. Had a Playstation, but gave it to the grandkids.
Friday Fiver When the sun beats down
1. Favorite shoes? Birkinstocks
2. What time does the sun set near you?
in the summer, around 7:45 pm
3. Do you like spending time in the sun?
I have been a sun worshipper for over 40 years, and I still love it.
4. Do you burn or tan?
I burn first, then tan after that.
5. Monopoly: yay! or no way! YAY!
1. Snowdrops are _beautiful____.
2. I'm going to _color my hair today____
3. _Truly, Madly, Deeply____ is a song whose lyrics have meaning to me.
4. Just one sip and _and I was hooked on that luscious drink with the little umbrella on top____.
5. _The beach____ is where I'm happiest.
6. I believe that _Love____ is a necessary part of life.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _go out to dinner with my son and his family____, tomorrow my plans include _catching up on blogging and building my webpage____ and Sunday, I want to __cook , eat, and do nothing - in that order___!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
1 med. ripe banana
2 slices white or whole wheat bread crumbs
1/3 c. non fat dry milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. double acting baking powder
2 tsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. sugar/sweetener equivalent
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Preheat griddle or skillet on medium high heat. Pour mixture onto griddle, making 8 (4 inch) fritters. Turn over carefully when edges of fritters becomes dry. Cook until golden brown on each side.
Serve with ice cream.
THURSDAY CHALLENGE - theme "food"
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
FROZEN Snickers bars with stick inserted (must be frozen or will just turn to goo)
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon oil (Peanut oil works better than vegetable oil)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix together milk, vinegar and oil. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate batter while oil heats.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Today is National Make a Friend Day, so let's all try to do that. Make a new friend today!!!!!
I found the CUTEST stuff for Lily today while browsing MySpace, of all places. It's called ITTY BITTY PRINCESS . Check out this girl's page and click on pics under the profile picture. She even has a page of pics from satisfied customers as well as her products. Really cute. I'm getting Lilybug a Tutu.