Saturday, March 8, 2008
The weather channel promiced us snow today, and seem like everyone around us has snow, but do we? NO! The sun is shining... it's cold but no snow anywhere here, not even a flurrie.
The Saturday Special
~What's Your Favorite?...~
1. Favorite Time Of Day?: I'm a morning person, always have been. I can get more things accomplished early than any other time.
2. Favorite Day Of The Week?: Thursday, and yes I have my reasons, but I'm not telling!
3. Favorite Month Of The Year?: May.... it's warm, not yet hot. Can't wait for May!
4. Favorite Type Of Weather?: Sunny and warm...mid 80s.
1. What was the first board game you remember playing?
Candyland with my Mom
2. When you last played a crossword puzzle, did you look up any of the answers before you finished?
No, that's no fun.
3. Did you ever own a Rubik’s Cube? If so, were you ever able to solve it on your own?
Yes I owned one, and solved it one time. By then I was done with it. I think everyone must have had a Rubik's cube.
4. Take the quiz: What Kind of Puzzle Are You?
I am a Jigsaw Puzzle, which sounds pretty accurate.
5. You decide to buy yourself a jigsaw puzzle: what kind of image are you most likely to buy: a landscape, an image of an animal, a sports hero, or a shot from a popular movie?
6. Have you ever tried Sudoku? How easy did you find it (or would you think you would find it) to be?
I tried it, but I must not be doing it right, because I found it hard and boring.
My 1st Saturday 9
Saturday 9: In the Mood
1. Are you and your current lover (or most recent) always on the same page on sex?
2. If you had your way would you have sex more or less frequently? more
3. Have you ever been asked to do something sexually but refused?
yes, because of the person, not the act
4. Have you ever asked a lover to do something sexually but they refused? yes
5. How long do you wait when meeting some new to have sex?
depends, I'm married now, but when I was single, just depended on the person.
6. Have you ever engaged in a sexual act while driving an automobile?
only while being the passenger.
7. Have you regretted having sex with someone? no
8. Are you and your current/most recent partner in the mood at the same time? lol, NEVER
9. When was the last time you had sex?
Now I can't kiss and tell you that, but it's been a while. A long while.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Today is - Alamo Day!
Oreo Cookies were first sold today in 1912.
Happy Birthday Toronto
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
1. Baby is for the new grandbaby I have coming in July.
2. One of my guilty pleasures is a long bubble Bath with candles glowing, a nice tall drink (the island kind with umbrellas on top,lol and oldies music playing).
3. My Birthday is August 12th, and why is it that no cake tastes quite as good as Birthday cake?
4. I believe in signs. Every time I visit my Mom's grave in CA, a Butterfly is ALWAYS there flying around me. I believe it's a sign.
5. I love the Beach! I've loved summertime for as long as I can remember and the beach is my favorite place to be. The beach at Oceanside, CA and Dana Point are my faves so far. My sister lives two blocks from the beach in Huntington Beach and I miss her so much.
6. I love to Bake, and to eat it, so that is a problem for my diet.
7. Books are one of my favorite things. I collect autographed books, and have almost 30 of them. When I lived in CA, it was easy to meet authors at the book stores; not so easy here in small town GA. I could spend days in a book store.
8. Hubby and I love to go bowling, or at least we did before I got sick. I'm not very good with like a 130 handicap, but he bowls around 230-240 a game. I miss Bowling.
9. I have had four Brothers. Charles was killed in an auto accident the day after he graduated high school. I was 15. Marvin was killed by a drunk driver while walking down a road in Florida. I was 19. I have a brother I've only spoken to once and never met. And then there is my baby brother Chuck, whom I adore. I was 18 when he was born! I miss you Chuck.
10. One of my most prized possesions is my Mother's Bible. She read it daily, and it has notes and underlining all in it.
11. I have been a Bride three times, but #2 did not count. He had forgot to mention he never divorced his first wife.
12. I loved the Bridget Jones movies. I've probably seen them both about fifty times now. Of course it could be because my two fave actors are in it - Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.
13. My new favorite breakfast is a strawberry banana smoothie. Here is my recipe.
Strawberry & Banana Smoothie
1/2 cup strawberries,hulled
1 banana, peeled
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup low-fat milk
3 ice cubesPlace all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
This week's theme for Heads or Tails is:
Tails - List 7 Things from a category of your choice. Here are 7 of my favorite television shows.
1. House - I have a huge crush on Hugh Laurie who plays Dr. House, and I just love this show.
2. ER - I have watched every season season of ER since the beginning. Can't get enough of it.
3. Grey's Anatomy - This is my favorite although I was a little disappointed in the past season.
Hmmmm....Doctor shows- Notice a pattern here?
4. Survivor - This is another one I've watched every season of. I look so forward to each new season. In CA we had a Survivor season finale party every year with our friends. It was great!
5. Dexter - My new favorite show of the season. What a great concept for a show.
6. Ugly Betty - Great characters. Keeps me interested.
7. CSI's - yep, all of them! The original is my fave, then CSI Miami (adore David Caruso), then CSI New York.
- Cookie Dough
- strawberry kiwi
- berry peach
- raspberry melonvanilla
- pink lemonade
- strawberry banana
- cotton candy
- bubble gum
- orange sherbert
- orange crush
- Dr. Pepper
- lime jello
Just to name a few. I have a drawer almost full. OK, now you know my weakness.
The theme over at Mo's this week is WANT. The one thing we want most in the world is our own place on the lake, similar to this one we looked at last week. It even has it's own party deck in the water, great for cookouts. A little steep in price for us, but we want to be on the lake so bad.
The Five Senses
1. What smell reminds you of your childhood? breakfast cooking in the mornings, beauty shops (my grandma owned a beauty shop and I spent LOTS of time there)
2. Would you ever consider getting laser eye surgery?
If you pay for it, I'll have it done today! Otherwise I cannot afford it.
3. What food do you love now, that took you a long time to develop a taste for?
Chinese food. I would not even try it as a kid because it looked gross to me, but I love it now.
4. Do you have sensitive skin? Is there any material that you don't like touching your skin?
No, I do not have sensitive skin. I don't like anything itchy and scratchy next to me skin, but no one does.
5. Whose speaking voice is your favourite to listen to?
My son David. I could talk to him for hours and hours. My hubby says I light up like a Christmas tree when he calls.
1) You find that your best friend has stolen money to pay for medical treatment for a seriously ill relative. What would you do?
I would do nothing, I think. That would be their business, and wow! That is a hard question to answer. But yes, I think that would be between them, God and the police to figure out.
2) What three things you regret not learning to do?
Curious as a Cat
1) What existing country has the most beautiful sounding name?
United States of America
2) What job do you think would be a lot of fun to try out for awhile?
I would love to be a teacher.
3) For what would you sell your soul?
There was a dark time in my life that I would have sold my soul for money, but I would not sell my soul for anything. Would you?
4) What is the best revenge you have ever taken on someone?
It took me a long long time to realize that the best revenge in the world is to be happy. People who did things to you that make you want to get revenge do not want you to be happy. They want you to be miserable. I decided not to play into that.
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
This photo reminds me of my own hands. Hands tell such a story about us, who we are, what we do and don't do. Every line in our hands has meaning. I wish I could read hands. I'd like to know what story mine tell.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
- Bake cupcakes (completed)
- Manicures (completed)
- movies and ice cream
- Craft day
- Trip to the Bookstore, which we both love
- play board games
- Take pictures
- Beauty Day , hair and makeup
Then we went to eat, or tried to. Everywhere we went had an hour to ninety minute wait just to get a table. We stopped at about five places. By this time, Lily was cranky and Regina was getting a migraine which only got worse as the evening went on. We finally stopped at Smokey Bones BBQ, a place I had never been. We walked in and they stated it was only a ten minute wait...so Great right? WRONG! I looked around... I saw every obese person's nightmare... BOOTHS!!!!! I do not fit in booths very well anymore, sad to say. It's one of my biggest fears, either not fitting at all, or getting stuck.Add that to another reason I just don't go out anymore.
I had to ask, very embarrased, if they could let us have the only table in the whole place that had a booth on one side and chairs on the other. It was a table for eight. The hostess looked like I'd just told her I would rob the place or something, she seemed very confused, so I had to explain to her that I was too dang FAT to fit in their booths. The nicest waiter in the world, a cutie named Jeff, came up and heard the conversation. He asked us to wait a minute, then proceeded to give the four of us this eight person table. The atmosphere was good, Lily was singing, things got better..... for a minute.
Regina's headache got worse, and after we ordered it took almost 45 minutes to get our food. By this time it was after 9pm, the baby was literally screaming to the dismay of all those around us and was very hungry, and Regina just wanted to go home to bed.
But..... the food was worth every minute's wait. Very very good! I even had a drink, which I've never done in front of my 31 yr old son... they have a specialty drink called a frozen Cosmorita, which was an icy concoction of margarita and cranberry with a touch of vodka thrown it. We finally left and although the night sounds awful, the adventure was fun for me anyway. I got to talk and laugh with my son, laugh and sing with with my grandbaby, and came home and slept like a baby myself.
Sorry you have a migraine Regina, hope it is better this morning. Thanks to you both for taking me out!
- Chemical :: Facial peel (would like to try this)
- Poker :: Las Vegas (lived there five years, lots of poker)
- Federal :: Bureau of Investigation (Criminal Minds is one of my fave FBI shows)
- Mattress :: King size (but I can't get sheets that right)
- Who am I? :: I don't know. Who are you?
- Investigation :: private eye, PI, dick, Sam Spade, Fletch, Cheaters
- In good hands :: safekeeping
- 8:30 :: It's 8:35 actually and I'm hungry.
- Creditors :: People who used to call me, but don't anymore. Yeah!!!
- Resource :: Water is a natural resource, and GA is in a drought.