Saturday, December 22, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
1.If money were no concern and LOOKS the only consideration, what car would get yourself?
2008 BMW M6 convertible
2. If money were no concern and YOUR LIFESTYLE the only consideration, what car would you get yourself? SAME BMW
3. What is the best thing about your current car? If you do not own a car, what is the best thing about the car you most often ride in?
The best thing about my current car is it runs!
4. If cars could be skinned the way cell phones, laptop computers, and iPods can, what would be a really cool skin for your car? As long as it runs, I'm ok with it.
5. If you were going to decorate a friend’s car with a custom-made skin as a practical joke, whose car would you skin and what would it be? It would be my friends Kim and it would be bright puke green with frogs, bugs, and lily pads all over it.
1. If you could change your name, what would it be? Mary Elizabeth and would be called MaryBeth
2. What is the worst name someone has called you? the C word... I just hate the C word
3. If you could meet someone famous, who would it be? Johnny Depp
4. How do you like to travel home? Fly
5. What kind of phone to you have? landline and Kyocera cell phone (both cheapies)
Four for Friday
1.- Notification: Rose Tani, the 90-year-old mother of astronaut Daniel Tani, died this Wednesday in the Chicago suburb of Lombard. Police said Rose Tani stopped behind a school bus at a railroad crossing and then drove around the vehicle, bypassing the lowered crossing gate. A train struck the elder Tani's vehicle on the passenger side and pushed it down the tracks before stopping. Daniel Tani is believed to be the first American astronaut to lose a close family member while in space. If you were on a space mission, would you want to be notified of a death in your family, or would you prefer that you be notified once you returned to Earth?
I think I would want to be told. Even though I could do nothing from there, I could still start the grieving process.
2.- Memory: Can you remember what got for Christmas last year? Well, according to a new survey, half of British men cannot remember what was under their Christmas tree. A 2005 Canadian study was the first to systematically mark the onset of "childhood amnesia" in children rather than adults. The research shows that by our tenth birthday our early pre-school memories have receded into an inaccessible past. What is the earliest verifiable autobiographical memory you can commit to?
I know exactly what I got, because I got NOTHING, NADA!
3.- Strip Clubs: Do you think strip clubs (the ones where the ladies dance for the men) debase women, men, or both?
OK, some people will not like my answer. I think to each his own. If you do not want to go to these places, then stay home. If you want to go, then go. If you are just pissed because your hubby went, next time go with him. I have been to strip bars and wound up having a great time. I'm not a prude, and I don't judge people. I think most women who are against strip clubs are either very religious or very insecure about themselves. Strictly my own opinion. But like I said, I've been, and even been neighbors with some of the girls, and they are just women just like the rest of us. I could go on about this one forever, but I think that's not wise so I'll shut up now.
4.- Hold It: This one's an oldie but goodie here on the For For Friday. Right now, from where you're sitting, locate a clock or watch and hold your breath for as long as possible. Okay, now tell the rest of us for how long you were able to hold your breath? (FYI: The last time I asked this question--on May 20, 2004--Kim and Sya held theirs for one (1) minute, Dave and AC went for 45 seconds, I lasted 28, and seven people chose not to even try.)
27 seconds (gasping now for air)
Five on Friday Season's Eatings
1. What foods do you associate with this time of year?
soups, chili, homemade cookies, pies, cakes
2. Which of them are your favorites? Your least favorites?
Fave is Homemade Vegetable Soup , Least Fave is probably cake (I'm a pie girl)
3. What traditional (or nontraditional) holiday foods do you make or buy every year?
I have Turkey on Thanksgiving and Ham on Christmas, must fix Sweet Potato Casserole and Pumpkin Pies for both holidays.
4. Are you more likely to overindulge or abstain from seasonal treats? OVERindulge
5. With all of the high-calorie temptations at this time of year, how do you manage your diet?
That's the problem, I don't manage it at all!
4 Foods on Friday
1. Hot chocolate. With marshmallows or without? WITH
2. What is your favorite ice cream? NUTTY COCONUT (Baskin Robbins)
3. What is your favorite candy bar? HEATH BAR
4. Name something you make with creamed corn in it, and how you make it.
JIFFY CORN CASSROLE
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Shredded cheese (opt.)
Mix all ingredients except cheese. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, if desired. Bake in casserole dish or 9"x13" baking dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked in center.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Lose weight.... I promice myself this every year.
2. Have several E-businesses started up and running.
3. Save money...... just not sure where I was supposed to get the money to save.
4. Take a cruise.
5. Move back to California..... instead I find myself in Georgia. What's up with that?
6. Blog daily. I hate my blog. It is not at all what I wanted it to be.
7. Get healthy..... instead I just got worse.
8. Become a better me..... inside and out. Not liking myself very much lately and I don't like that feeling.
9. Have a better marriage... not that it's bad, but I don't want to lose this man and I find myself too many times not putting him first.
10. Get organized. I've alwas been a neat freak til this year. Now I can never find anything.
11. Decorate my home the way I want it..... haven't done anything differently at all.
12. Have a great Christmas... well let's see... I have no tree (for the 1st time in my life), no presents, and will just be glad when it's over with this year.
13. Last but not least... I promiced myself I would sit back this Christmas and look back at what a great year it has been........ NOT going to happen.
but....... I have a new motto- "I will be great in 2008".
The Thursday Threesome ::Angels we have heard...::
Onesome: Angels-- as tree topppers? ...or spires? Stars? Bears? What do you like to use to set off that tree?
Although I did not put up a tree this year, I have a huge angel tree topper with lights in her skirt. Very pretty!
Twosome: we have-- heard you're getting something special this year! Do you have any idea what any of your Christmas presents are going to me?
Haha! I don't know who lied to you, but I'm not getting anything this year at all.
Threesome: ...heard-- the worst Christmas song ever this year? Which one is it for you? I mean that one that even if Aunt Martha is playing it on Christmas Eve puts you out on the porch!
If I hear "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" one more time, you will be able to hear me scream.
1. Have you gotten any new toys/gadgets lately? If so, what are they? If not, is there anything that you want?
I haven't had the money for any new toys in a long time. I want one of those Ipod Nanos and a portable DVD player.
2. Do you like learning how to use new toys/gadgets? Why/why not?
I love new toys. I must be a Geek at heart. I also love new girlie toys, like a Mercedes, and diamonds, and other things I can play dress up in or drive.
3. Pick an outrageous toy/gadget that you want (price is no issue!). What is it? Why do you want it?
Well the new BMW 650i Convertible would be a nice toy.
Theme = COMMUNICATION (Talking, Hugging, Gestures, Telephone, Television, Computers, Cell Phones, Books,...)
This is my little brother Chuck. This was taken last year (in Phoenix) on the day he drove from CA to tell me the doctors had found out he will not live to see his daughters graduate. They are 3 and 8. He is only 35. He has a liver/immune disease that is fatal. He will never know how much I love him because there aren't enough words to tell him that. Now that I've moved 3000 miles away from him instead of one state over, I'm scared of not being there when he needs me. Anyway... this photo represents the communication we had before he told me... before I fell apart.... before I knew my life would never be the same again. Isn't it funny how one sentence can change your whole world?
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
2. Spend more time with my granddaughters.
3. Start scrapbooking again.
4. Blog and contest Daily.
5. Figure out ways to make more money at home.
6. Buy our own place.
7. Get back in church.
8. Work on being a better 'me'.
9. Take at least 2 vacations.
10. Last but most important- Work daily on marriage and keep it strong.
10 on Tuesday
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Ever want to see Egypt? It's on my list of place to go before I die. Here is a site that offers a new picture every day. Egypt PicoftheDay
The Dollar Stretcher has given me so many different ways to be frugal and save money. It is one of the only sites of its kind that I actually like.
The country of Dubai has something amazing... an indoor ski resort. Check out the photos!
Stories about millionaires and how they became one... really cool.
Do you send a lot of text messages? Here is a huge list of abbreviations for you.
Store of the week = Delight.com
A FREE recipe book for you (PDF format) - Recipes from Top Restaurants
Celebrities real names - Some of these will astonish you!
Craftster - There is some really cool and really crazy, out there stuff on this site. I love to see how people take an old shirt and turn it into a dress for their toddler.
Making and Living by a Home Binder , on left sidebar - I need to do this!