Saturday, January 19, 2008
~My Personal Preferences~
1. Quiet evening at home or Out on the town?:
Out on the Town. Since I am a stay at home worker, I need to go out every now and then.
2. Watching a movie or Reading a good book?:
A tough question- really depends on the movie and the mood I'm in. I love a good chick flick, but I also love to read.
3. Ordering a meal or cooking one yourself?:
Ordering! Who wants to cook when they can order out?
4. Going for a walk or taking a ride in the car?:
How about taking a ride in the car to the park or the river and then taking a walk when I get there. I want both!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Grown Up survey
~Meant to be completed by those OUT of high school =)
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?
'Have you ever kissed someone?'
'Told someone you loved them?'
50 questions for the people who are a little older....
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
the cable bill... mine is a combination of cable, internet and phone. It gets HIGHER every single month!
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
a week ago ~ pizza picnic on the living room floor- but it was sweet and fun
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to? Was your husband your 1st?
No, I have no regrets about that stuff! And no it wasn't the man I married.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be ?
I say I would sometimes, but the things I've done make me who I am today. And I like me pretty well. I might would go about them differently, but would still do them.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
laying on the beach in Huntington Beach near my sister's condo.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
a teacher, I always wanted to be a teacher and wish I had pursued it.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
it's clean and it fits
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I think the cost of gas is a form of legal robbery.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
Los Angeles, and I'd take my hubby.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
no alarm this morning, slept in.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
wishing the dog would stay off the bed.
14. Do you miss being a child?
not at all
15. Who is your best friend? Why are they your best friend?
Many will find it hard to believe that don't know me, but my best friend is a gay beautiful caramel colored black 54 year old man named Jerry. We have been best friends for 5 years, and we tell each other "everything". I talk to him every day even though we live 2000 miles apart now, but he is moving out here later this year. I miss him like crazy!!!!!!
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
I don't work......and I don't volunteer.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
I'm usually a Get Up Early girl.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Rocky and Bullwinkle, I know, my age is showing!
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
relax, have a nice dinner and enjoy each others company
21. Have you found real love yet?
yes, 3 times, well 2 (1 of them was very one sided)
22. When did you first start feeling old?
45... hit me like a rock.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
no I think people are trying to make it one.
28. Do you own property?
does a cemetary plot count?
29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
pina coladas, expensive perfumes, nail polish
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
now if I told you, wouldn't everyone find out?
31. What's your drink?
tea or dr. pepper
32. Cowboys or Indians?
OOOOH!!! Cowboys... button up white shirt, tight jeans, boots and a hat...Yep, Cowboys!
33. Cops or Robbers?
cops...... I've known a robber or 2... Cops for sure!
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
a hip hop station out of Atlanta
36. Norm or Cliff?
Who or Who???
37. Grey's or 'The Office?
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
ummm.....one certain WHOLE relationship....It was VERY abusive, mentally and physically, and I stayed for 5 years. If you are in one of those- GET OUT NOW!
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
lol I'm a WAH girl ........the only person that sits beside me at work is my dog. He thinks he is a person.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
That is easy- Tommy Lee Jones. My age, sexy as hell, smart, down to earth.... YEP!
41. Indoors or Outdoors?
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
not this vehicle, but yes.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read?
The Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs - very good
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
no, I have gorillas.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
lol, I don't recall
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
San Francisco and Napa Valley
48. Do you go to church?
not since we moved here
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
50. How old are you?
53(thats kinda an odd question to end the survey on, shoulda been up towards the top!)
The Staple Free Stapler cuts out tiny strips of paper and uses the strips to stitch up to 5 pieces of paper together. Environmentally friendly. Safe for kids. This is so neat! Comes in several colors also. And it's not expensive.
Here is how it works-
What is your favorite beverage?
We drink a lot of sweet tea. It's been a staple in our home for many many years. But my favorite drink is Dr. Pepper.
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.
2 framed pics of hubby
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?
I am about a 9. I don't know how people who lie keep up with it all. I do well enough just keeping up with the truth.
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?
Los Angeles should be renamed 'Home', because that is where my heart is when it comes to places to live.
What stresses you out? What calms you down?
Negativity and bad vibes stress me out totally. Listening to country music totally stresses me out. I don't know why, but it does.
I like calm and serenity in my life. My grandbaby Lily calms me down, and in the spring and summer months being outside calms me down.
1. The Travis McGee series of mystery novels by John D. MacDonald is famous for always including a color in its titles, such as The Dreadful Lemon Sky, The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper, and The Empty Copper Sea. What two or three similar titles could you give to events in your life in the past week?
The Gloomy Gray Sky, White Snow on Black Pavement
2. The Kinsey Millhone series of mystery novels by Sue Grafton is famous for its alphabetical titles, such as A is for Alibi, K is for Killer, and M is for Malice. What two or three similar titles could you give to recent episodes at your workplace or school?
"P is for Powerless" , "S is for Stranger's Secrets"
3. Margaret Truman’s murder mysteries are known for being set in and around Washington, D.C. with such titles as Murder at the Pentagon, Murder at the Kennedy Center, and Murder on Capitol Hill. What are two or three similar titles you could give to episodes of great inconvenience to you around your hometown?
Murder in Cartersville, Murder at Red Top State Park, Murder on the Square
4. Susan Conant’s Dog Lover Mysteries often contain dog-related puns, such as A New Leash on Death, Paws Before Dying, and Dead and Doggone. If a series of books were to be written about your favorite hobby, what might some of the punny titles be?
Scrapping your way to Heaven, Photographer Dies Alone, The Stove Blew Up- A Comdey
5. The Three Investigators series of juvenile mysteries often explores baffling phenomena that turn out to have perfectly reasonable explanations, such as The Mystery of the Invisible Dog, the Mystery of the Headless Horse, and the Secret of the Haunted Mirror. What would be a couple of similar titles you could give for the last few things that mysteriously disappeared from your possession?
The Mystery of the Missing Sapphire Earring, The Mystery of the Lost box of Recipes
Friday Fun: Yummies Edition
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure yummy food? Chocolate
2. It is snack time. What do you reach for? Chips? Ice cream? Something healthy?
I'm addicted to carrots and dip.
3. What is your ideal breakfast? homemade biscuits and gravy
4. What are you craving right now? #3 sounds pretty good, but I would like to have a ham and cheese breakfast sandwhich from Burger King.
Friday Fiver You just have to wait......
1. What do you need?
I need to know I have enough money to pay my bills and I need health insurance.
2. What won't you share?
I am a giver, so I share just about everything. I wear my life for the world to see. I will not share other people's secrets.
3. What do you hurry through?
I hurry through the bills and finances, because they are so dim lately. But things will be better this year.
4. Who is worth waiting for?
My new grandbaby that is coming in July.
5. Friday fill-in:I can't bear to __go back in the hospital again____.
Friday Fill-Ins #55
1. The last compliment I got was from __my DIL___; he/she said __I looked really nice when we went out to dinner last weekend___.
2. I'm reading __The Winter Lodge by Susan Wiggs___.
3. I woke up today and thought __about how late I slept. It was 8AM which is late for me.___
4. Why does __my bank account look so low___?
5. The last thing I ate was __an apple___.
6. January... __is cold in GA, and I am not used to cold. BRRR___.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __relaxing and watching tv___, tomorrow my plans include __watching it snow___ and Sunday, I want to __take pics in the snow___! We are expecting 3 to 6 inches.
Five on Friday Healthy Habits
1. Do you wear sunscreen? Do you use it everyday or just when you're at the beach?
I just use it when I am at the pool or the beach, but I do use it a lot more in the summertime.
2. How often do you brush your teeth? What about floss and flouride?
I brush twice and sometimes three times a day, I floss nightly, and I do not flouride.
3. Do you get at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day? I try to.
4. How often do you exercise? What do you do? I walk, and not nearly often enough.
5. Do you use a seatbelt every time you get into a car? Yes, don't you?
Four Foods on Friday #13
#1. Cold cuts. Prepackaged or sliced fresh at the deli counter?
#2. Which ingredient reduces acidity in red sauce? Corn syrup, molasses or brown sugar.
#3. Whipped cream. Fresh, canned or frozen?
all of the above
#4. How do you make pea soup? If you don’t, share a recipe that you use peas in.
SLOW COOKER SPLIT PEA SOUP
3 qts. water
1/2 lb. bacon, cut in pieces
1 lb. (16 oz pkg) dry split peas
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 c. canned tomatoes
1/4 tsp. cumin seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 med. onion, chopped
Put in at night, ready for noon meal. Let cook on low all night. Very good
Thursday, January 17, 2008
1. http://www.gethuman.com/ - Ever get those stupid machines when you call customer service. This site lists how to get straight through to a human without going through the prompts. It has many major companies that I call and I bet you'll save it as a fave.
2. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal Need to generate keywords for your pics, blog, etc. This keyword tool from google lets you enter a phase, etc, and gives you a list of keywords that go with it.
3. EPOD - http://epod.usra.edu/ - Earth Science pic of the day. Click on Archives for all past photos. Amazing pics.
4. APOD - http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html - Astronomy Pic of the Day.
Both 3 & 4 would be great for homeschoolers, and I like them too.
5. http://www.instructables.com/home - How to do just about everything. I love this site.
6. http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/site/ - You just put in your zip code and this site gives you the nutritional menu for all the restaurants in your area, from McDonald's to upscale restaurants. I use it often.
7. http://www.thedailygreen.com/ - This is the best website I've found that helps you learn how to live GREEN.
8. http://www.utterz.com/ - Ever be out and take a pic with your cell phone that you wish you could post? Or think of something to post while you are away from the computer. This site is great and I use it sometimes. It works.
9. http://sharetv.org/ - Miss your fave soap or show? Now you can watch it online for free. Many to choose from.
10. http://www.miniclip.com/games/en/ - Hundreds of FREE games to play. I'm addicted to Mr Men Pinball. My granddaughters showed me this site.
11. http://festivalsandevents.com/ - Find all the local craft shows, renaissance fairs, etc... here.
12. http://www.free-attractions.com/ - free things to do in any area of the US
13. http://www.home-ec101.com/ - what you wish your mama had taught you.... lots of cool ideas and stuff.
This tree was my photo for Wordless Wednesday. Hubby decided he wanted to go to the river last week to Red Top Mountain and let Buck run and play. It was very cloudy but was almost 70 degrees, unlike the 33 it is today. We are having very weird weather for January. The water however was just glistening and a reminder of a great Spring and Summer that is coming.
I know I am getting old, because I was bored very quickly, but it was worth it to watch Buck playing. Since we moved here from Arizona, he never gets to go out and just run. This apartment life is not for dogs. He ran til he was tired, then just busied himself being nosy of every rock and tree he could find.
All in all it was a good afternoon though. I re-discovered something...... the love I have for my husband. I had not wanted to go at all, and seemed to fuss all the way about every little thing. I was old and cranky, but something in the back of my head told me... just go. I've learned to listen to that intuition after many years of ignoring it. After we had been there a couple of hours, Buck and I were sitting on a picnic table near the water and I glanced up. Here is what I saw ..... my man coming around the bend walking straight towards me. The look on his face brought me back to the days we were dating and had just fallen in love. I got that schoolgirl feeling of butterflies in my stomach and my heart fluttered in the way it used to. The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways. It took a simple cloudy day at the river to remind me of something I tend to forget...... how much I love my husband. He is the other half of my soul.
Thursday Threesome ::Apple Pie Crust::
Onesome: Apple-- turnovers? Bear claws? Do you have a favorite pastry? You know, the one you can't pass up no matter what!
I hate Bear Claws...the things they must do to cut off those poor bears feet (hehe), seriously can't stand them. As for pastry, having lived in Southern CA with my brother and his spanish wife, I got totally hooked with going to the local panaderia (Spanish Bakery). They had pineapple turnovers to die for. YUMMY!!!!!!
Twosome: Pie-- or cake? You're out to dinner and you get your choice: What do you go for? ...or do you simply have to have the creme brulee?
I usually don't get dessert when we go out, but sometimes I can't pass up the blondies at Applebees. I have the recipe on today's ost at Sunflowers in the Kitchen.
Threesome: Crust--makes the pie, ya' think? Which pie absolutely has to have the proper crust or it just doesn't work for you?
Cobblers... the crust cannot be too doughy or I won't eat it.
1. What have you been listening to lately (be specific if you can)?
I have a varied taste in music, but mostly I listen to oldies on the radio. It's so weird I can't remember what I had for dinner a week ago, yet I can remember the words to every song from the late 60s and the 70s.
2. Where do you listen to music the most? Why? How (device-wise) do you use to listen to your music? Are you happy with it? Why/why not?
I listen to the radio almost 24/7. It is always in the background.
3. Are there any shows you're going to, or want to go to? What are they?
Kid Rock is coming on March 11th. I would love to see him.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Fill the jar with journal slips, and attach the free printable gift tag. Add a cute journal and pen for a great gift idea.
1. What time is dinner time? 7:30
2. What is a frequent meal at your house? spaghetti
3. What do you drink to wash it all down with? sweet tea
10 on Tuesday 10 Movies that disappointed you
1. The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
2. The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
3. Speed 2 (1997)
4. Ghostrider (2007)
5. Babel (2006)
6. Cinderella MAn (2005)
7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
8. Elizabethtown (2005)
9. Syriana (2005)
10. Garden State (2004)
1. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
If I were single and younger, I'd love to live with Meredith Grey and her housemates on Grey's Anatomy.
2. If you had a clone, what would you make it do so you could have free time?
My clone would clean my house, cook, and clean out the litter box!
3. Who was your best friend when you were 8? When you were 13?
At 8 my best friend was Mitzi Butler. At 13 my BFF was Vicky Ridinger.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be & why?
The islands of Hawaii, because I don't want to die without having been there, and it would be such a romantic trip.
5. Would you hate loosing your sight or hearing most?
My sight. If I lost my hearing, at least I could still see the people I love. I can't imagine how hard that must be.
Bonus (as in optional): Nature or nurture?
Nature... I'm an outdoorsy sort of girl, love camping, etc..... so nature for sure.
Things I like that start with the letter "C"
Chocolate - need I say more?
Camping - our fave thing to do in summer months
Claudia - my SIL
Cooking - I love to cook.
Cowboys - tight jeans, boots, hat, button up shirt, buckle, yummy.
Comments - I love comments on my blog posts.
Contesting - I love to enter those sweeps!
Crafts - love crafts of all kinds, especially love craft shows!
Cats - my babies are Rowdy and Dino
California - I miss CA so much
Cookies - homemade of course
Comedy+ - Sandee's website
City Life- I'm a city girl stuck in small town GA
Cookbooks - I collect cookbooks from schools and churches
Candy - well, just because
Monday, January 14, 2008
2) What athlete do you have the most respect for? Why?
3) What physical ailment would you most like to avoid as you age?
4) What is the most disturbing sound you know of?
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
This reminds me that having just moved to GA from AZ, Buck has never seen snow. I would love to see him play in it. Maybe this week, the forecasters are saying Thursday!
Monday's A Bitch
Last But Not Least
1.What is the last rebellious thing you did?
Divorced my 1st husband.
2.When is the last time you saw a magic show?
In Las Vegas three years ago, saw Lance Burton. He was awesome.
3.Who is the last person you'd want to go into business with?
This is something we are actually thinking about at the time, and it is a close family member, so I won't go any further with this.
4.When is the last time you injured yourself?
Hmmmm, I broke my elbow back in the 80s, and can't remember anything since. Does breaking a nail count?
5.Where is the last place you would expect to be having dinner tomorrow night?
a secluded beach in Hawaii
Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture?
I think men still have it much easier than women. This has been the case for centuries, and even though it has improved, women still don't have it as easy as men.
Have you ever wished you were the opposite sex?
Not even once. I like being a girlie girl!
What books from your childhood would you like to share with your children?
I already did this as my sons are grown. Now they are sharing books with their children. Dennis' favorite was Grover at the end of this Book, and he bought it for Lily last year. She loves it.
What is one talent or skill you don't possess but always wanted?
singing, I love to sing, just nobody loves to listen to me sing.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
- Dream big :: Lose 140 pounds.
- Competition :: win more contests
- Torn :: between staying in the south near my family or moving back to CA where I really want to be
- Modeling :: new Supermodel show
- Coaster :: roller coasters, baby, Yeah!! I love roller coasters.
- Slut :: Kim's friend Terry
- Spread :: jam
- Amanda :: John's wife (this one should have been #6 answer)
- Romance :: a 2nd honeymoon with hubby
- Paradise :: Hawaii secluded beach