Friday, February 8, 2008
Friday Fun Clotheshound Edition
1. Do you have to dress for work? If so, what is your “uniform”?
I work at home now, but I worked for sixteen years at a major company, and had to dress up every day.
2. How would you describe your style when dressing for yourself, rather than work?
3. I have noticed that there seem to be two kinds of dressers in the winter months. Those who love turtlenecks and those that abhor them! Which are you?!
I abhor turtlenecks! Always have. I think they look really good on, just not on me.
4. It’s lounging time on the couch in the evening. What are you wearing?
panties and a tshirt.
5. Describe your favorite “feel good” outfit!
Anything that I feel like I look good in. When you are fat, nothing is a 'feel good' outfit.
The Friday 5
1. Do you like the thrill of a chase? Nah, I'm too old and fat to chase anymore.
2. What winds you up? Do I look like a wind up toy? No seriously, stupidity winds me up.
3. Are you a loud talker? Only if I'm angry, which isn't often.
4. What comes easy to you? Listening and forgiveness. I'm a good listener and I forgive very easily.
5. What did you dream about recently? I hardly ever remember my dreams.
1. I'm looking forward to __getting new craft supplies today___.
2. _Hawaii____ is a place I always wanted to visit and haven't made it there yet.
3. I've fallen in love with _my granddaughter Lily____.
4. Six of one, Half dozen of the other_____.
5. Addiction _is a terrible thing____.
6. The _Chelsea Lately show on E!____ cracks me up!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _spending quality time with my honey____, tomorrow my plans include _doing laundry and cleaning my dirty house____ and Sunday, I want to _go to the flea market on the other side of Atlanta____!
#1. What is your favorite kind of juice to drink? I'm an apple juice kinda girl.
#2. Pizza. What’s your favorite? Dominos Deluxe- pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms
#3. Mustard. Yellow, brown, depends. Yellow (always)
#4. Share a side dish recipe that uses rice or pasta-
Heat olive oil in saucepan. Throw in two sliced cloves of garlic. Stir about. Add about a quarter cup diced vidalia onion. Stir in one cup of brown long-grain/basmati rice, stir until lightly toasted. Pour in one 7oz can of chipotle sauce. Add one and one half cans of water. Put in a handful of dried sweet pepper. Add one medium tomato, diced. Add two diced olives. Add one can (15.5oz) of dry peas, rinsed and drained. Bring to a boil, cook til done.
If you like, add cheese. On day two, use as enchilada filling.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
"Kristin over at An Ordinary Life is having a short but sweet Valentine's Giveaway. It starts on February 6th and ends February 9th, 2008 at noon PT. All you have to do to enter, is post about her giveaway on your blog and leave a comment on the giveaway post HERE. Please be sure to leave a valid email address with your comment."
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
1. By what nickname(s) were you known as a child?
Stinker, don't ask!
2. Do you have a favorite poem and, if so, what is it? Recite it (or a snippet) here, please.
How special! My mom used to recite Robert Frost. This was my favorite, about fireflies.
Fireflies in the Gardenby: Robert Frost
Here come real stars to fill the upper skies,
And here on earth come emulating flies,
That though they never equal stars in size,
(And they were never really stars at heart)
Achieve at times a very star-like start.
Only, of course, they can't sustain the part.
3. What is your greatest regret in life, something that you failed to do that you wish you did?
My greatest regret is not keeping in close touch with my brother Chuck, whom I love with all my heart. He is married to a very dominant woman, who requires him to live in a black box, if you know what I mean. He is not allowed to do or think outside the box. The box has no gray areas or color. I am dancing on top of the box with a rainbow colored dress on, therefore I am not approved of. This makes no sence to you, I'm sure, but I know what I mean. Honest! My other sister is also ostracized, she is worse than me, dancing all around the box naked!
4. You are tired and hungry, but it's too late to cook. If any snack food were available to you, what would you choose and why?
Ritz crackers, bread and butter pickles, and a hunk of cheese.
5. What is the oldest item of clothing (not jewelry!) that you wear regularly and what do you love about it?
I have a pink shirt that is so old it is almost threadbare. It is my favorite shirt and I wear it often at home. It's baggy, comfortable, and I just like it.
Bonus (as in optional):Name a movie or TV show that changed your thinking or behavior.
The Michael Moore movies changed how I thought tremendlessly!!
The Last time I got married I was 48 years old and thought it would never happen. I had sworn off men forever. Hah! Robert is the best thing that ever happened to me, other than having my children. He treats me like a queen and everyone notices and tells me how lucky I am. I may not always act like it, but I am very lucky and I do know that. We got married in Las Vegas in the Candlelight wedding chapel. Then our church threw us a big reception/shower the next Sunday when we got back to Los Angeles.
Monday, February 4, 2008
The Whipped Body Lotion 2oz. now comes in "Pear-berry".
The Whipped Shea Butter Body Parfait now comes in "Winter Berries".
We now have All Natural Foot Soother. Created especially for tired & dry feet, our all natural foot butter soothes and softens the most tuckered out toes!
For Valentines we have heart shaped FIRE 'N ICE HEART MELTS.
Simply Tempted Bath & Body Co.
Michael tagged me for this through Entrecard and I promised him I’d participate. Here goes.
Copy all the links below (make sure its alphabetized) and replace a single link under the appropriate alphabet. If your domain name, or even the title of your blog, starts with an ” A,” you’d replace the link under that alphabet and put the replaced link at the bottom. Also, don’t forget to credit the tagger, or where you got the list from, at the end of the list with a full URL of the post so that a pingback gets generated.
previous tagger- http://www.computerchitchat.com/
You now have to “tag” at least five people and encourage them to participate so that this thing spreads like a virus. Remember, though, that not everyone’s into these kinds of things, so don’t be upset if they don’t participate. Just simply replace your tag. Remember to tag blogs only and no pornographic ones as we do want to keep the integrity as a blogging community. TIP: Tag your frequent EntreCard droppers via its messaging system.
Just like any other “meme” out there, ask a question for your taggees to answer along with your own answer to the previous question.
In answer to Michael’s question, I started blogging about three years ago. When did you start blogging?
I started last year and am totally hooked.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Name seven things on your mind today.
1. Starting my other webpage and how I want to do it and wishing I knew more html.
2. ORGANIZING and cleaning up my computer.
3. What I am going to cook.
4. Deciding how I can move my computer room/extra bedroom around like I want to.
5. Feeling guilty for not spending more time with the grandkids lately.
6. my health and how rotten it is right now
7. wondering why I love doing these memes instead of what I should be doing, lol.
What women want :: to be loved
Epidemic :: widespread
Taxes :: too much!
Hello :: Goodbye
Confidential :: secret
Lights :: Camera! Action!
Summation :: I see a courtroom scene. ( I watch way too much tv, lol)
Hard feelings :: how I feel about an ex
Electric :: motor
Fresh start :: story of my life
1. DO YOU LIKE SPORTS AT ALL? Nope
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Baseball
3. IF YOU PLAY SPORTS, WHAT DO YOU PLAY? don't play
4. ANY FAVORITE TEAM(S)? nope
5. GROWING UP, DID YOU PLAY SPORTS IN SCHOOL? I was a cheerleader.