Saturday, February 2, 2008
Also check out Simply Tempted. Their sugar scrubs are to die for! The BODY BUTTAH is awesome. No greasy feel, just soft skin. You won't be sorry!
And Bath and Body Bliss is chock full of good smelling things. Try the Gingerbread Cookies Melting Tarts , only $3 for a bag , and they smell so good you'll wish you could eat them.
Last but not least is Critter Snackz. They have snacks for your dogs, cats, even horses- all 100% natural and made fresh for you. Everything is handmade to order. Also send them a pic of your pet and join the Pet of the Month contest each month to win a $25.00 gift certificate.
HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!
Friday, February 1, 2008
If you could do it all over again, would you? Why? Why not? (oh, and you’ll have to tell us what ‘it’ is)
I would definitely marry my husband all over again. Why? Because he is the best thing to ever happen happen to me. He treats me great, is a hard worker and I don't have to ever wonder whether or not he loves me.
1. Which open-all-night establishment has been a lifesaver for you? none in GA, but many many on the west coast
2. What open-all-night establishment is closest to where you live? have no idea, they close up the streets here at 9 pm,lol
3. What nonexistent open-all-night establishment could you really use in your life? a casino here near Atlanta would be nice.
4. Which open-all-night establishment in your town is least likely ever to see your patronage in the wee hours of the morning? the bars
5. Have you ever purchased anything advertised on television late, late at night? nope
1. What was your high school decade? the late 60s early 70s
2. Are you still friends with your high school friends? sadly, no
3. What was your favorite thing about high school? my social life
4. Your least favorite? MATH
5. Did you have a high school sweetheart? And how did that work out?! Yes, I married him and stayed that way for 25 years.
6. Would you do the whole high school thing again, or is it better left in the past?! Left in the past.... WAY in the past!
Fiday Fiver - The feelings that I feel
1. What are you set on? Making more money and getting control of my life this year.
2. What do you have to do right? Eat right, do my finances right.
3. Have any kids? 2 grown sons, 3 granddaughters, 1 more grandchild on the way.
4. Are you patient? Not as much as I used to be.
5. Friday fill-in:I know if I put my mind to it __I can actually lose this weight____.
1. Once I was __thin___.
2. _I'm so tired of____ being sick.
3. Today at work I _____. N/A, I don't go out to work.
4. What's _this brittney Spears thing really____ all about?
5. If I make a mistake I __try to fix it___.
6. When I woke up this morning, I thought _Oh geez, I have a busy day ahead____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _resting and doing nothing____, tomorrow my plans include __babysitting Lily ___ and Sunday, I want to __color my hair___!
Four for Friday
Q1 - Crime: Is there a crime, which if it wasn't illegal, you would gladly commit?
No, A crime is still a crime.
Q2 - Immigration: According to recent figures, the conflict in Iraq has forced over 2,000,000 Iraqi citizens to fee the country. Most are stuck in limbo in neighboring countries like Syria and Jordan, while a few (up to 12,000 for the year 2008) are allowed to seek asylum here in the United States. Given our government and military's actions in Iraq, do you think we should open our boarders to more Iraqi refugees or is 12,000 enough?
NO WAY NO HOW!
Q3 - Donations: Have you ever donated money to a presidential candidate? If so, looking back on your donation, do you think it was money well spent? Related: Have you donated--or do you plan on donating--money to someone running for the Presidency this time around?
No, I cannot afford to give a rich guy my money.
Q4 - Keys: How many keys are on your keychain, and do you know what all of them are for?
5 and yes
Five on Friday
1. Cake or pie? PIE
2. What is your favorite kind of candy? homemade fudge with lots of nuts
3. Do you actually like conversation hearts? NO
4. Would you prefer chocolates or flowers from a loved one? FLOWERS
5. What is the sweetest thing someone has ever done for you? My hubby does sweet things for me all the time.... one of the many reasons I love him.
4 Foods on Friday
#1. What is your favorite kind of cheese for snacking? sadly, I like the kind in the can
#2. What is your favorite kind of jelly? blackberry preserves
#3. Yogurt. Regular or custard style? ONLY Yoplait regular, peach or starwberry
#4. Share a recipe for a stew or soup.
1 stick butter
2 cups onion, chopped
4 cups cream style corn
1 cup green pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups cream or half in half
Saute onion and butter together. Add corn and milk. Add salt to taste.Add green pepper and put in a double boiler to cook. If it is too thin,it can be thickened with a flour / water mixture.
Serve with crackers or corn bread.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Some things I came across while blogging-
http://www.arborsci.com/CoolStuff/JulianBeever.htm - The coolest new sidewalk art I've ever seen.
http://www.felixdoolittle.com/web/product_ras2.aspx - expensive but gorgeous hand painted return address labels (worth a lookie poo)
Oh Happy Day - http://www.jordanferney.blogspot.com/ - a cool blog updated daily with cutesy things.
Bev Sykes - http://www.funnytheworld.com/ - I LOVE this ladies blogs. She is 70 years young and also on Flickr she does a self portrait a day. I want to be like her when I grow up, lol.
a weekly meme- http://whatisitwednesday.blogspot.com/ - I can never guess what it is correctly.
http://shakadoo.com/ - Everything to do with your shak (home)
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
10 Things You’d Buy If You Had a Million Dollars
1. A new house.
2. A really nice RV to travel and retire in.
3. College Funds for the grandkids.
4. Several trips- Vegas, Hawaii, Florida
5. A new car
6. All new furniture and appliances
7. A nice little nestegg put away for rainy days
8. Tickets to lots and lots of concerts
9. A cruise
10. take the granddaughters on a shopping spree
1. Would you stay in a relationship with an physically unfaithful partner?
NO, I tried once, but it just didn't work for me.
2. Would you stay in a relationship with an emotionally unfaithful partner?
Been there, done that! Left.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how important is the recognition of birthdays to you (your's, a friend's, a partner's)? "8"
4. When you have a "toe-curling" orgasm, do your does curl up, or down?
I don't have toe curlers, I give toe curlers.
5. Every one has a pet peeve, tell me one of yours.
Body Odor, it makes me ill.
Bonus :Name someone famous who you have no sexual interest in but would have sex with just to brag about it? Hmmmmm, He's an old codger to most of you, but Tommy Lee Jones. BUT I don't kiss and tell, so no one would know, but it would be a memory I would never forget.
Quirky Holiday Destinations:-
The Poseidon Resort, Fiji (your room is totally underwater)
Rio Caliente, Volcanic Springs, Mexico
(Accommodation in the middle of a volcano)
Ulusaba Game Reserve, Southern Africa
(hotel is part of the mountain)
Monday, January 28, 2008
The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, she will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.
Sign up for weekly reminder emails @ email@example.com
Our misson this week: Give Me Five vacation destinations you've already enjoyed or would like to some day.
Our best vacation to date is not the kind that appeals to most people. We went to the Huck Finn Jubilee in Victorville, CA. We camped in a tent right by the lake for 4 days. They had a huge craft show, more food than you can imagine, Music all day every day (Patty Loveless was there when we went), a car show, the CA state arm wrestling championship, dancing every evening, a circus, games for kids and adults, fishing and paddling in the lake, and it was just the best time of our lives. There wasn't a minute we didn't like. If you live in the Southern CA area, you should go. It's always on Fathers Day weekend.
Our #2 vacation would be Las Vegas. We got married there, honeymooned there, and lived there for over a year. It is awesome!
Our #3 would be the Reanaissance Plaesure Fair , also in southern CA. We again camped there for three days, and had a lot of fun.
This guy was the first thing we saw when we went in. We stayed at the KOA campground, which was washed away in the floods the next year.
We both want very badly to go to Hawaii.
And also St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
QUESTION TO GO
What is in your nightstand?
My nightstand has two drawers. Top drawer is hubby's and includes- Receipts, about a year of stuff emptied from pockets, a screwdriver, just a bunch of junk! I am not allowed to clean this drawer as he does it about once a year, and I may throw away something he thinks he needs.
The bottom drawer contains items of a personal nature in a box.... and a few paperbacks, my journal, pens, stickers, and is very organized.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
He went to the grocery to get milk earlier today. Instead he bought a bag of Reeces cups, a jar of dry roasted nuts, a tub of ice cream, a bottle of chocolate syrup, and some Count Chocula cereal ( I eat none of these things). I hope this time he remembers the milk.
Anyway, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I want to scream off a mountaintop somewhere, but with my luck lately, I'd slip off the edge, lol. Does anyone else ever feel like you are just losing it?
The Roadrunner..... Beep Beep!!!!!!!!
randomness...feed your mind and your blog
week of Jan 27: Yes or No?
Here's a few simple 'yes' or 'no' questions for ya.
Of course you can always answer 'don't know' or 'none of your business'...lol
1. Are you a fun person? of course I am
2. Is Star Trek cool? it's cool but I'm no Trekkie
3. Do you smoke? nope, never have
4. Do Aliens exist? sure they do
5. Do you like your job? Job? What job?
6. Have you ever seen a ghost? no, but I have felt spirits
7. Is Math fun? NO, never has been, never will be
8. Are dogs mans best friend? maybe, I'll ask my dog
9. Do freaks really come out at night? only in Hollywood
10. Do you like to read? Love it, read a lot
My other Blogs
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
Great Blogs to Visit
- And miles to go before we sleep
- by the way
- Carrie and the Koehmstedts
- Everyday New : my project365
- I'm a Mom, Deal With It
- It's a blog eat blog world
- mama pajama
- Mercede's World
- Mrs Fussypants Guide to Life
- On the Bricks
- Prevailing Insanity
- Skittle's Place
- Small Reflections (Storyteller)
- Thoughts from an Evil Overlord
- You are a fly on my wall
- ▼ 01/27 - 02/03 (15)