Friday, November 30, 2007

a newfound meme

I found a new meme I like... Four Foods on Friday so here is my 1st week.

1. Jello. What’s your favorite flavor or recipe? My favorite cake is Mandarin Orange cake. I won $25 from Feedback magazine and got my recipe published last year.



MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE

1 box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
11 oz. can mandarin oranges and juice
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
FILLING/ICING:
3 oz. pkg. Jello instant vanilla pudding
20 oz. can crushed pineapple and juice
8 oz. pkg. Cool Whip
CAKE: Beat all ingredients together including the juice from the canned mandarin oranges. Pour into three 8 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
FILLING/ICING: Beat together all ingredients and frost. Keep in refrigerator. This is an excellent "lite" dessert if you use fat free jello and cool whip.

2. Red liquid covering for pasta. Do you call it sauce or gravy and why? sauce, because isn't that what it is?

3. Cereal. What’s your favorite kind of cereal (can be hot or cold)? Honey Bunches of Oats - almond

4. What is the worst food smell you know of? I can't stand to smell chicken boil. I grew up in a town with a chicken factory that cooked chickens for Sweet Sue products. OMG! Makes me ill to think of it.
**********************************************
Photo Friday theme- Dead of Night



night in Atlanta

No comments: