Thursday, December 20, 2007

Communication / Thursday Challenge

Thursday Challenge
Theme = COMMUNICATION (Talking, Hugging, Gestures, Telephone, Television, Computers, Cell Phones, Books,...)

This is my little brother Chuck. This was taken last year (in Phoenix) on the day he drove from CA to tell me the doctors had found out he will not live to see his daughters graduate. They are 3 and 8. He is only 35. He has a liver/immune disease that is fatal. He will never know how much I love him because there aren't enough words to tell him that. Now that I've moved 3000 miles away from him instead of one state over, I'm scared of not being there when he needs me. Anyway... this photo represents the communication we had before he told me... before I fell apart.... before I knew my life would never be the same again. Isn't it funny how one sentence can change your whole world?

1 comment:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

I'm so sorry. The affection between the two of you is a beautiful thing. What a lovely photo, made even more poignant by the story behind it. Sincere best wishes to you both....