Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Memes

FRIDAY'S FEAST #172

1. Appetizer-Make up a word and give us its definition.
sandytude- DH says I have sandytude, not attitude.

2. Soup - What is currently your favorite song?
Who Knew - Pink

3. Salad - What’s at the top of your Christmas wish list this year?
good health and a lot of weight loss for 2008.

4. Main Course - Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
my Mom wore Shalimar when I was a little girl... I can still smell that fragrance.

5. Dessert- Who is someone on television that you feel probably shouldn’t be, and why?
Brittney Spears,, because that is all you hear about, and she is just sad now. Why does no one help her? Where is her family? She needs a strong intervention of some kind.

********************
The Friday Five
Many people make a big deal about not being "labeled." And yet, we all are, constantly.

1. Pick one label that you think does describe you (race, religion, hobby, etc.). Fat
2. Pick one label that is often put on you, that you really think is inaccurate. Stupid
3. Pick one label you wish could be put on you. Sexy
4. What is one kind of label that you think is universally wrong to use (race, gender, height)? race
5. Labels, used intelligently, can be a convenient rhetorical shorthand for identifying how a given person will fit into (or react to) a given situation. Labels, used incorrectly, can be an excuse for dismissing the differences still inherent in the people to whom the label is applied. Discuss.-
I for one hate labels. I grew up in the south when racism was really bad, and finally moved away from it. Now I'm back, and things have not changed that much. Also, since I gained weight, people are cruel about it. I'm labeled fat. SO WHAT! Fat does not make me stupid, or ugly, or shorter, or whatever... it just means I like to eat. Labels are not good- Period.
****************
Friday5
What’s your favorite song about growing up? Green Day - Time of Your Life
What’s your favorite song about cars or driving? Good Vibrations- Beach Boys
What’s your favorite song whose title is a person’s name? Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
What’s your favorite get-up-and-dance song? WOW! All songs are get up and dance songs.
What’s your favorite novelty song? anything by Weird Al Yankovich
*******************
Friday Fun

1. What were the big names in bands when you were in high school?
Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Herman's Hermits, and the Monkees

2. Do you still like them, or have your tastes changed as you have gotten older?
still love them, still know all the words

3. Do you listen to the same music that high schoolers listen to?
Some of it.. I like Daughtry

4. What is your favorite genre of music?
oldies, pop

5. Do you play/have you played an instument? If so, what? If not, if you did, what would it be?
I play piano.
**************************
Four Foods on Friday

1. Tuna fish. Water or oil? What do you add when making yours?
Water, I use tuna, boiled chopped eggs, chopped pickles or relish, a tad of chopped onion, and mayo

2. Stuffing. What else have you done with a box of stuffing besides stuff meat (turkey, pork, chicken, etc)?
We only like the chicken and I serve it with baked chicken and cranberry sauce

3. Orange juice. Pulp, some pulp, no pulp, fresh squeezed. How do you like yours?
I love it with pulp, but hubby doesn't, and since we are always low on cash, I usually just buy Sunny D

4. Fast food restaurants. Do you have a favorite one and why?
I like Burger King, hubby loves McDonalds

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Sandytude? I love it. Good luck on your salad sweetie. I too put my mom in my main course. I agree with your dessert as well. Have a great FF and weekend. :)