Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Memes

Friday 5

1. What was the last important thing you were late for?
I'm never late... I'm one of those people that gets there too early.

2. What was the last important thing you were late with?
forgot to pay my cable bill last month til they sent me a nice little reminder notice

3. What (or who!) is the most frequent cause of your lateness? Again, never late.

4. Which of your close friends or relatives can you expect almost always to be inconveniently late? My DIL Regina

5. What’s most likely to cause you to stay up too late before bed?
Hubby works graveyards and a swing shift at that, so I never get used to it. I hate being alone at night, so I stay up late many nights alone watching tv. Otherwise, I'd lay there for hours.
****************
Friday Fun

1. If you were to get a unexpected windfall, what is your first thought on what to do with the money? Were you practical or not?!
I would buy my own mobile home on an acre of land at the lake. Practical, yes!

2. You have $1000 to spend on yourself. What do you buy? With $5000?
$1000 - new clothes and shoes, a spa day, and a hair salon appointment.
$5000 - Lots of new clothes and shoes, a trip to CA to visit my sister.

3. You have $1000 to spend on something for your home. What do you buy? With $5000?
$1000- new patio furniture, new lamps
$5000 - Living Room furniture

4. You have your windfall and you realize your car is older than you. So what do you buy?
an F150 pickup truck, yeppers.... I'm a truck girl

5. You decide to buy some books with your windfall at Amazon. What 5 books would you get?
Change Your Thoughts -Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Wayne W. Dyer
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
If I Only Knew Then..Learning from Our Mistakes by Charles Grodin
Lakeshore Chronicles, Books 1- 4 by Susan Wiggs
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
*****************
Friday Fiver

I'll show you what I'm made of

1. What are you missing?
I am missing my friends and family on the west coast.

2. How do you feel?
Honestly, I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes and very depressed.

3. What have you let go?
I've let go of a lot, but I still carry such baggage with me that it scares me sometimes.

4. Who have you hurt?
Oh wow, I have hurt so many people. When I was living with the devil, I hurt so many people who cared about me.

5. What do you deserve?
So much more than what I have, but it's my fault that I don't have it.
******************
Friday Fill-In

1. __My granddaughter Lily___ makes me happy.
2. I would like __to be your friend___, please.
3. __Robert's homemade chili___ tastes SO good!
4. __Monday___ is my favorite day of the week because _it's like a new beginning every week____.
5. __My hair___ is my best feature.
6. We could learn so much from _each other____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __getting some rest___, tomorrow my plans include __cleaning house___ and Sunday, I want to _see my granddaughters____!
*******************
Four Foods on Friday

#1. Bacon. Chewy, crispy or burnt? Crispy

#2. Mayonnaise or miracle whip? Mayo... I loathe the taste of Miracle Whip.

#3. What green vegetable is used in Italian Wedding soup? escarole or spinach

#4. Share a recipe that you use Italian sausage in.

BLACKEYED PEAS WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE

1 lb. Italian sausage
2 (15 oz.) cans blackeyed peas, undrained
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. water
Rice

Cook sausage, drain. Add onion, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook until onions are transparent. Add peas, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Mix cornstarch and water. Add and stir until thick. Serve over rice.

5 comments:

Janet said...

have fun with your granddaughters this weekend and thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

every time i come to your page, i love the chubby tinkerbell. she's my kind of fairy!

Shari said...

Is Robert (the chili maker) your husband? I said that my husband's fettuccine tastes so good - hoping to score some points. But, it really is good. Clogs a few arteries, but tasty.

Anonymous said...

Now see, I didn't even know that blackeyed peas came in a can. I love eating them but haven't a clue how to make em. Now I have something to try. Tks!!

Anonymous said...

That black-eyed pea recipe sounds really good! I never thought of combining the two.