Tuesday, May 6, 2008

At the doctor's office

Well I am at the doctors office, waiting, and waiting. My doctor got called to the ER so who knows how long it will be. I was reading some of the brochures and found an interesting one. May is Lupus Awareness Month. I have a cousin with lupus and sometimes it gets so bad she can't even brush her own hair. Do you know anyone with lupus?
This brochure discusses a website that helps to raise money online for lupus patients. You can go on there and choose which patient you want to raise money for so that your donation goes directly to that individual. Since I now have a potentially terminal disease (geez, I hate that word terminal), I see how the financial part can become devastating, even if you have insurance. It's great that there are people who are willing others who are sick. I found a person on there I am going to help. I can only send $5 but every little bit helps. Maybe it will come back twofold. I chose Traci Condrey because Traci is my sister's name.
Also if you know someone with a disease, (doesn't have to be lupus), you can set them up a page very easily to start a fundraiser for them. Maybe I should look into that for myself.
Good, the doctor is back!

No comments: